Wahooh! We just got home last night from a week of visiting family. It’s always so nice to get together, but it is so nice to come home and get back into a normal schedule. I am sitting here thinking about taking down our Christmas decorations (and wondering what to put on the empty wall in my living room!).
Oh, our Christmas was so nice this year. Simple and restful and full of the Prince of Peace. I am so thankful we were really able to think through the holiday and eliminate the things that would bring us more stress and less joy. I wanted to be intentional about teaching my children the real reason for our celebration. And in doing that, I feel like my heart was prepared in new ways to welcome the Christ-child & to realize I am eagerly awaiting His promised coming!
With the new year upon us, I am excited to see what the Lord has planned for our little family. My husband and I are getting ready to memorize Philippians, I just started my 90 Day Bible program and our family is making plans for something HUGE that is happening later this year. I’ll write more about it when some of the details have come together. And as happy as I am with all our dreams & plans, one verse is on the forefront of my thoughts:
The heart of man plans his way,
but the Lord establishes his steps. Proverbs 16:9 ESV
Let all our steps be established by Him this new year.
51. good travelers over long, long roads
52. house filled with family
53. tins & tins of homemade goodies
54. five cousins running through the living room giggling
55. daddies crawling around on the floor, carrying their little ‘cubs’
56. New Year’s Eve at 9:00 with balloons and silly string
57. sweet reminders of a long lost love
58. red cardinals & smooth stones, hairbrushes & a jar of vaseline
59. little ones rubbing noses good bye
60. watching snow fall out large, picture windows